Welcome to our Community!
Membership is Free and it only requires your Email address to join today!
Join a close community of people from around the world and experience an opportunity to learn and share culture, arts and crafts, and more.
During our 30 years in Foreign Service, mainly in third-world countries, we started to realize how incredibly rich is the spirit of the people. These are people who are often smiling- sometimes against tremendous difficulty and hardship.
We consider ourselves fortunate to be personally acquainted with and count many of our vendors amongst our friends. Trade is an important part to many cultures (including ours!) and we are so pleased to participate with many fantastic traders from around the world.
We wanted to provide a place to expand on this experience and include others.
We are looking to create a cultural exchange blog- share stories from your part of the world following our community guidelines, even if your part of the world is right here in Washington, or the United States.
- What is it like to attend school in your part of the world?
- What it is like to hand-dye wool for a rug made in Western China by the Uighur people?
- How do Moroccan families prepare and eat a meal together?
- How does a Story-rug of the Gabbeh type express Iranian cultural values?
- How to visit this site regularly to earn Home-schooling credit for Social Studies?
- When is the next talk and slide show featuring news from the Travel Blog hosted at Music for the Eyes, in Langley Washington?
Answers to these questions and more can be found right here!
This is a growing community and the idea behind it will be growing too. Please be patient as we gather resources, and reach out for help to our growing network of individuals across the world.
Thank you 🙂
Pilots don’t miss this visit to Middle European aviation museums!read more
The streets of Prague are full of fairy castles and Art Nouveau!read more
We traveled by train to Prague, Krakow, Warsaw and Budapest.read more
About the creation of beautiful carpets among the beautiful mountains…read more
A beautiful valley in some of the world’s highest mountains.read more
On the way to Pakistan, we met a Moslem girl in Dubai.read more